Quotes About Lonely


“All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you'll be quite a lot!” 

“Why am I so anxious? And then it hits me. I'm not anxious, I'm lonely. And I'm lonely in some horribly deep way and for a flash of an instant, I can see just how lonely, and how deep this feeling runs. And it scares the shit out of me to be so lonely because it seems catastrophic - seeing the car just as it hits you.” 

“The room could be full of people, but if the one I want isn’t in there, it may as well be empty, and though I’m surrounded by people, I am lonely.” 

“Half of the time I don't know what they're talking about; their jokes seem to relate to a past that everyone but me has shared. I'm a foreigner in the world and I don't understand the language.” 

“I talked to a calzone for fifteen minutes last night before I realized it was just an introverted pizza. I wish all my acquaintances were so tasty.” 

“There were people everywhere on the city street, but the stranger could not have been more alone if it were empty.” 

“I meet people to know I’m not alone. I network like an astronaut on the moon.” 

“I was lonely. I felt it deeply and permanently, that this state of being on my own might never disappear. But I welcomed the lonliness, which had everything to do with being anonymous. It's never lonliness that nibbles away at a person's insides, but not having room inside themselves to be comfortably alone.” 

“Having someone wonder where you are when you don't come home at night is a very old human need. ” 


“It is beautiful, it is endless, it is full and yet seems empty. It hurts us.”


“So, this is how it's become? This is how I've become? A walking contradiction? I'm surrounded by people and feel alone. I claim to crave a bit of normalcy but now that I have some, it's like I don't know what to do with it, I don't know how to be a normal person anymore.” 


“I’m learning to play the saxophone so when you feel lonely I can come over and stand in the shadows and play it for you. Two is one too lonely for me.” 







Comments